MY COVID WEDDING: THE BEST WEDDING VENDORS IN FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT AND BEYOND
Updated: Apr 6, 2021
I can't begin to tell you all how special September 19th, 2020 was to myself and Bobby. It was the day that we had been waiting for, for so damn long. COVID and all, we tied the knot!
The day would not have been what it was without our amazing vendors and sponsors. If you are getting married, I highly recommend reaching out to the amazing women and men below. Note that these are both local and non-local brands and vendors.*
Oh my goodness, I didn't think I needed a wedding planner until I met Irene. She thought of things I would never, and she made the entire rehearsal and wedding run so much smoother. She was able to be kind, yet stern with my family to whip them into shape, keeping them focused and on schedule.
Not only is Irene skilled at her craft, but she also has a good pulse on the wedding industry as a whole. She can navigate trends, what you can cut out, what you need to add, what is time sensitive, what isn't, and so much more. To boot, she can also facilitate and negotiate deals with her various connections.
For a practical, professional gal with a keen eye and great taste who gets the job done... hire Irene.*
Be sure to follow Irene on Instagram at @soireespecialevents
This bridal boutique is hands-down the absolute best! It is the epitome of approachable sophistication for the classic, modern bride-to-be.
From the moment you walk into the store, Ashley (owner) and her entire staff make you feel warm and welcome. Their expertise and advice put you at ease. It was a night-and-day difference from other bridal boutiques that I have been to, both local and in NYC.
My dress was the first dress I pulled when I walked in - yes, really! It was also completely different than anything I thought I wanted. I selected a handful of other dresses to try on, that were sleek and modern, as well as other more vintage silhouettes. But, when I put my dress on for second time after the others, I just knew my first pick was the one!
Tailoring my dress was a breeze with one of ALSW's in-house tailors. They come to the bridal shop for 2-4 fittings in the months leading up to your wedding, making sure that your dress is perfectly tailored. PRO TIP - make sure to bring the shoes that you will be wearing day-of, your wedding jewelry, boob tape/nipple covers or inserts, take lots of pictures, and come at least once with you hair trial and your makeup done. This way you are able to get a feel for the overall look.*
In addition to my dress, I also got my veil at ALSW. They have a plethora of lengths, trims, and materials to choose from - so whether you want to make a statement, be matchy-matchy with your gown or simply go for sophisticated and classic, they have a veil for you.
You will also find an assortment of bridal masks at ALSW - I know, I know, you don't really want to think about wearing a mask on your special day - but some of you may have to, and if you do, you want to make sure it goes with your look.
Post-wedding, my mom and I popped back into ALSW, once again, this time to have my dress cleaned and preserved. Best part?! They are going to ship it to my mom's house in Charleston once it's done, since Bobby and I don't have room to store it right now. I don't have to think or worry about it, taking one more thing off my plate.
I can't even put it to words how much I recommend this bridal shop! I am so proud to be an ALSW bride!*
Be sure to follow along with ALSW on Instagram at @alittlesomethingwhitebridal
SOMETHING OLD COLLECTION
My bridal earrings were nothing short of amazing. Something Old Collection is a curated collection of unique, one-of-a-kind fine vintage accessories from the top designers between the 1930's and 1970's. They are sold exclusively at A Little Something White.
Be sure to check back regularly for new finds.*
Follow them on Instagram at @something_old_collection
Nielsen's is conveniently located in Darien, CT, and just won the BEST OF GOLD COAST Award for 2020. Whether you are hosting a bridal shower, wedding, rehearsal dinner, birthday party, etc. be sure to give them a call.
You can also grab seasonal decor, home decor, hostess presents, accessories, plants, Christmas trees, pumpkins and much more at the shop!
There aren't enough positive adjectives to describe how much I adore Nordstrom, but more importantly how much I love their marketing managers, Amy and Molly, at Nordstrom The SoNo Collection. They were kind enough to let me select any wedding shoes that I wanted. I landed on this stunning pair of Jimmy Choos - *still obsessing*. I love how versatile they are, and how I can wear them in the future to other special occasions.
Did you know that I am a Nordstrom Independent Stylist - yep, that's right! You can view my styling rates HERE and book me to shop for you!
The women at Modern Dermatology in Westport, CT are godsends. Dr. Deanne Mraz Robinson and Dr. Rhonda Klein are not only a joy to be around, but they are also truly killer at their craft.
Leading up to the wedding, I had several treatments performed by them to get 'wedding-ready'.
1. Laser Hair Removal - I am currently loving the freedom of not shaving my underarms. This was something I had been wanting to do for quite some time, especially for the wedding, as I did not want to have missed a hair(s), have razor rash or anything go awry for our special day. The process does take several months, and it is recommended to do in the fall or winter, when you wont be out sun bathing or have sun exposure for prolonged periods of time, as the skin can be sensitive post treatment. The most frequent question I was asked by followers who watched my Instagram Stories (you can find them cached under my MODERN DERM Highlight), was, 'does it hurt?!' No, it didn't hurt for me. Keep in mind, everyone's pain tolerance is different, as well as the pain level of removal for different areas of the body. For the underarms, I never needed numbing cream or post-op ice. It just felt like little rubber band flicks against the skin. I wouldn't say it felt good, but it certainly didn't hurt. I can't recommend this enough - it truly is a total game changer! I am dying to have this done to other parts of my body to alleviate the burden of daily shaving.
2. Botox - I received 10 units of Botox in my forehead a few weeks prior to the wedding, as it takes at least two weeks to start seeing results. During my follow-up appointment, (one week prior to the wedding), I had 5 more units injected into my glabella (the space between your eyebrows). I loved the result. I looked just like myself, but super refreshed. I would love to go back to them for follow-up appointments once this wears off.*
3. EmSculpt - I did this treatment last November-December, as my wedding was originally in June (pre-COVID). It was a series sessions where I would wear a device strapped to my stomach and lay in one of the rooms for 20 or so minutes. The device would pulse frequencies and repeatedly clench my abdomen. With each session, the intensity would be slightly increased (as long as you were comfortable and wanted to), as my tolerance and muscle built up. The goal was to give you abs sans a workout. I will say, I entered 2020 with abs and an eager outlook on the year as a whole - it definitely panned out a little bit differently than I (and well, everyone) expected. I did not keep up with the sessions due to COVID, nor did I workout regularly (I never do), so I was not ripped for the wedding in September. I highly recommend this as part of a healthy diet and a moderate workout routine for fabulous results.*
Be sure to follow along on Instagram at @moderndermct
Okay, Dr. T and his entire staff are so friendly, fun and downright knowledgeable when it comes to premier cosmetic dentistry. I am so glad that he is hyper-local to me, and I didn't have to go all the way to NYC for the best-of-the-best.
Leading up to the wedding, Dr. T and his team provided several treatments, to get my smile in tip-top shape for the wedding.
1. Teeth Cleaning - First, he provided a thorough teeth cleaning and examination to check the health of my teeth and gums. This also included x-rays to see if I would be a good fit for Invisalign.
2. Invisalign - We are still currently in the process of straightening my teeth. When I first came to Dr. T, my uppers were straight, but a little bit narrow, and my bottoms had crowding towards the front. Over the past 7 months, we have been working on correcting these issues. By the wedding my teeth were in great shape, and so many people complimented me on my broader, straighter smile. I simply can not wait until we are done with treatment and I can finally show off my 'camera-ready smile'.
3. Whitening - This process was quite easy, and took all of about an hour at the office. They first properly clean your teeth, then they put a protective putty on your gums, so they don't get sensitive when the gel is activated. Once the putty is applied, they paint on the whitening gel and you go under the light for activation. This process is repeated 2-4 times - dependent on patient's sensitivity. I loved how pearly white my teeth got! This process made the wedding pictures look 10X better. I 100% recommend for all brides-to-be!*
Stay tuned for a blog post on my full Invisalign experience, post-treatment.*
Be sure to follow Dr. T on Instagram at @greenwich_dentist
I started getting lash extensions done about 2 months prior to our wedding. It was right after I decided that I was going to do my own bridal makeup. I have never been particularly talented with strip lashes, and I didn't want to have to fuss with them day-of. So, I turned to lash extensions. I found Melba through a friend and fellow blogger. As you can imagine, she came highly recommended.*
I started the process several months prior to the wedding so that Melba could test out different techniques and lashes on me; this way we could perfect my wedding day lash look. I am so glad I did this, rather that just showing up a few days before the wedding. I was able to get comfortable with the wear and care of the extensions, as well as seeing myself with such a voluminous set.
Lash game aside, Melba is like rainbows and butterflies all wrapped into one, while still being as real as it gets. She's literally one of the kindest women I know. As soon as I met her, I immediately loved her. Some visits I slowly pass out on the bed as she works away (super relaxing), and others we chit-chat for the entirety of the process. I highly recommend this for any bride-to-be, as well as anyone who doesn't want to be bothered with mascara.*
Be sure to stay tuned for a blog post on everything you need to know about lash extensions. It will be dropping in the next few weeks.
Follow Melba and all of her beautiful lashformations (yes, I just made that up!) on Instagram at @eyecocostudio
Ladies, brides, you need this place in your life ASAP! I absolutely adored how my wedding tan turned out. Not only did it look natural and give me a gorgeous glow, but it is also organic - which for me, is a win-win!
I had a trial tan a week before my actual wedding, which was perfect, as I got it on a Thursday and had my Bridal Shower the Saturday before the wedding. This gave the tan two days to set and allowed me to see how it would look with a white dress. I then got my wedding tan the following Thursday, two days prior to the wedding.
I opted for the Express Tan. With this tan you only have to wait 2-3 hours (depending on how deep you want the tan to set) before you can rinse off. Note, when you rinse off for the first time, you can't use body wash, soap or hair cleansers, as they can degrade the tan from further developing. You should also invest in some of their specially formulated body washes for future showers to help increase the longevity of your tan.
I have them only do one layer on my face. I personally never want my face as dark as the rest of my body. Not only does it look more natural when your face is slightly less tan, it also makes it easier to still wear your same foundation and concealers post-spray.*
Shower and exfoliate before your tanning session.
Don't wear lotion.
Wear loose-fitting black clothes.
Don't wear a bra.
Opt for the express tan, as you don't have to wait as long for it to develop.
Make sure you get your mani/pedi prior to your spray tan.
Make sure to get your tan at least two days prior to a big event.
Make sure to have a trial tan for a wedding or any other major milestones.
Make sure to let your sprayer know exactly what you want. They make custom formulas, so the more you tell them, the better they will do at giving you that perfect shade.
I think that every bride - regardless of the time of year - needs a good GLOW!*
Be sure to follow them on Instagram at @glowairbrushtan
Bella Bridesmaids made it super easy and painless to select bridesmaid dresses. We used Bella because, at the time, I had bridesmaids all over the country (this was prior to us having to cut back our wedding), and they have convenient locations in almost every major city.
Not only did Bella's vast selection of locations make it easy for bridesmaids to go in, try on and order their dresses, it also made alterations a breeze. I enjoyed their back end portal where bridesmaids and mother's of the flower girls were invited by email to view the chosen dresses and schedule an appointment at their local Bella Bridesmaids. This also let me keep track of who placed their dress order, and who needed reminders. The head of my Bella Bridesmaids in Westport, CT, Maggie, would keep track of those who needed reminders too and sent them out. This took a huge burden off of my shoulders.
All in all, I would recommend this shop to future brides, as they have a huge array of dresses, fabric types and locations.*
Be sure to follow them on Instagram at @bellabridesmaids
Generation Tux made it super simple for Bobby and his groomsmen to order and receive tuxes to their door, that fit them perfectly.
We all live such busy lives, and when COVID hit, this service was clutch. Instead of having to go to a store or tailor to be fit, the men simply sent their measurements, as well as images of themselves to their Generation Tux coordinator.
When they received their suits in the mail, they were able to try them on. If they needed any modifications, they would snap additional pictures and email them, along with their commentary/requests, to their coordinator. She/he would then work on said requests and ship out a new suit in a timely manner.
Generation Tux has a multitude of suit styles to choose from, allowing them to be a great option for an array of different types of weddings and/or special occasions.
Be sure to follow them on Instagram at @generationtux
You guys! I freakin' love Sarah Flint. I have been a Brand Ambassador with them for a little over a year and a half. They truly are an amazing company, run by 30-year-old Sarah herself - such an inspiration. Her shoes are handmade in Italy with the finest Italian leathers. She believes women deserve shoes that are just as comfortable as they are beautiful.
Featured is their PERFECT SANDAL 85 in Gold Nappa. This sandal runs true to size.* Use my code 𝗦𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗛𝗙𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗧-𝗕𝗔𝗔𝗦𝗛𝗟𝗘𝗬𝗖 for $50 off your next shoe purchase!
Be sure to follow them on Instagram at @sarahflint_nyc
The Mrs. Box has single handedly created an industry out of what was once an afterthought.
I love that you can get these darling keepsakes in all different colors, sizes, and shapes with different textures, engravings and so much more to truly create your own unique, custom box.
They are passionate about rings and therefore ring boxes and have spread that passion to the world at large! They take color and customization seriously and believe in crafting heirloom pieces that will always hold meaning in your heart and your home.
Be sure to follow them on Instagram at @the_mrs_box
Graphic Image has a plethora of fine leather goods, for all occasions and purposes. They source their leathers from the world’s finest tanneries, primarily in France and Italy. They were kind enough to gift me this book over a year ago in preparation for our wedding.
Featured is their GUEST BOOK in Grey Leather. I no longer see this color option, so instead, I linked the White Gold Metallics Version.*
I love how we were able to customize the book with THE RUSHTONS in the bottom right hand corner. This would also be an awesome gift for a bride-to-be!
Be sure to follow them on Instagram at @graphicimageny
Featured is the FLORA NIKROOZ PETRA KIMONO ROBE in Gray and FLORA NIKROOZ SHOWSTOPPER CHARMEUSE COVER-UP ROBE. My robe had a full three-letter monogram added to it, and the ladies robes were all adorned with their first initial.
Aside from these stunning robes, I also utilized Bloomingdale's world-class The Registry program, which made the entire registry process smooth and seamless.
Be sure to follow them on Instagram at @bloomingdales